Monday, March 3, 2014

China Glaze Sea Goddess - Spring 2014 [PIC HEAVY!]

Hello everyone!

I have three shades from the China Glaze Sea Goddess Spring 2014 collection to share with you today! I think this is one of the rare moments where I'm featuring polishes from a current collection lol. I've actually been eyeing this collection from afar, so I was happy when my girlfriend treated me to these polishes and more (she's so sweet!). 

I don't really have many texture polishes in my collection, but I do like them. They're something fun and different than regular polishes. I know a lot of people are kind of getting tired of the trend, but I actually like it and I'm really loving these shades more than I thought I would. Let's get to the review!


Seahorsin' Around is a turquoise textured polish with gold and cyan glitters. This is two coats without a top coat. I was really surprised how vibrant the color is. In the bottle, it looks blue. On the nail it's a vibrant turquoise, which is great because it makes it more unique. It really reminds me of the sea. I had no difficulties with Seahorsin' Around as far as application and formula.



The last two photos are with two coats of top coat. There was a bit of shine, but you can still feel the texture. As with most textured polishes, top coat gets eaten up quick and this was the case with these polishes. They still look good with top coat though. The glitters really pop out!
With top coat
With top coat

Tail Me Something is a lilac textured polish with silver and purple glitter. This is two coats with a top coat. I had no difficulties with this polish as far as application and formula. 

I really liked Tail Me Something, but I wish the silver and purple glitter was a little more prominent in the polish. It's very subtle to the point where you can't tell that there's glitter in it. I still love this color, but it's not the most unique color out there.



I actually prefer Tail Me Something with top coat, but the texture was still there with two coats of top coat as said before. Still, this is a gorgeous color with or without top coat.

With top coat
With top coat

Wish on a Starfish is a bubblegum pink textured polish with gold shimmer. This is three coats without a top coat. This was a bit sheer, but it leveled itself out after the second and third coat.

Out of the three, this is my favorite. I love how strong the gold is in this polish. It's such a unique and gorgeous polish.



Also, Wish on a Starfish looked the best with top coat. While you could still feel the texture, it was the glossiest out of the three. I prefer this polish with top coat because the gold shimmer pops out even more.

With top coat
With top coat
Overall, I'm very satisfied with my picks from this collection. I think the colors are pretty unique and the formulas were great. Out of the three, Wish on a Starfish is my favorite. I want to try the other three now, even though they really didn't pop out to me like these three did. For now, I'm pretty happy with these polishes.

What do you think of these polishes? Do you like textured polishes?

Thanks for reading! 

4 comments:

  1. These polishes are so pretty! I hear you on the recent collection thing--I'm never featuring a new collection when it comes out. I should but for whatever reason it never works out that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, the only reason why I skip out on buying full collections is because I know I'm not going to like every color or collection or I just don't have the money to shell out on collections. Collections can get expensive lol.

      Delete
  2. I love all of them! they look fantastic on your nails, but my favourite is lilac :)
    Would you like to follow each other?- just let me know on my blog- thx :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like Tail Me Something as well. My favorite is still Wish on a Starfish though lol.

      Delete

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...