Sunday, March 16, 2014

China Glaze - No Plain Jane

Hey everyone!

I've been so busy lately with getting ready to start this new job that I haven't had time to post or wear any nail polish. I think today will be dedicated to swatches and scheduling posts though, which will be a lot of work. I'm prepared though.

Anyways, today I'm sharing a swatch of China Glaze No Plain Jane.


No Plain Jane is a metallic purple duochrome (subtle orange-gold-red-pink shift). This is three coats with a top coat. 


The application and formula was okay. The only thing is that you can kind of see your brush strokes, which is common for a metallic polish. 

As far as the duochrome, it's very subtle but it shifts into a brown almost gray color. You can also see some gold, orange, red, and pink in it, but it definitely looks more metallic on the nail. I wish the duochrome was a bit stronger in this polish because it's kind of plain. At the same time, I do like it.


Overall, I'm on the fence about this polish. I like the duochrome, but I wish it was a little stronger to make it more interesting. I still like the color though and it's cool to see the shift in colors. If you like duochrome polishes, this would be right up your alley.

What do you think of this polish? Do you like duochrome polishes?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...