Wednesday, September 4, 2013

31DC2013 Day 4: Green Nails

Hello everyone!

It's day four and it's green nails today! I wasn't feeling too well today, so I apologize for the late post. I originally wasn't going to post today, but I really wanted to do my nails though. For some reason, I always come up with my designs at night. Maybe it's because I'm usually up anyways haha.

For my green nails, I did a ruffian manicure. I've actually never done this design before, but I was surprised at how easy it is to do. Luckily for me, I have more green polish than the last two days with orange and yellow, so I could be a little more creative with the colors. 

Green isn't my favorite either, but it's not that bad. It's funny how this challenge has made me realize what colors I do and don't have in my collection and what I might need to add more of. Anyways, let's get to the design!

Colors Used: 
Sinful Colors Pistache
Sinful Colors Rise and Shine (Matte)


31DC2013 Day 4: Green Nails

For the ruffian, I first started off with Sinful Colors Pistache as the base color. Then, I used Sinful Colors Rise and Shine and placed a dot of polish a little above the cuticle, but not too far as I wanted the lighter green to show under the nail. Next, I filled in the rest of the space with the polish. One thing that I did was curve the brush so I could still get both sides of the nail. Finally, I sealed my design with a top coat. 

31DC2013 Day 4: Green Nails

31DC2013 Day 4: Green Nails

If you make any mistakes, you can use a detail brush and go over with the base color to make it more curved. It's a pretty simple design and I'll definitely be trying this again with different colors in he future!

What do you think of this design? Anyone else doing the 31 Day Challenge? Tomorrow is blue nails!

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...