Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Sally Hansen - Red Rebel

Hello everyone!

Today I'm showing you Sally Hansen's Red Rebel. I think one of my pet peeves when it comes to polish is when the name doesn't match the color. It's a small thing but it happens all the time with polishes. This is probably a good example of a color that doesn't match the name.

Red Rebel is a neon red orange jelly polish. This is four coats with a top coat. I bought this polish from Big Lots for only $1.50. I think this is an older polish from the Xtreme Wear collection because the cap is black and the newer ones are silver. I'm not positive if this is discontinued or not.


The application and formula was okay. Since it's a jelly, it's very sheer. I used four coats, but I can still see my nail line. This polish definitely needs a white base under it to bring the color out more and to lessen the coats. 

The only gripe that I have about this polish is the fact that it's more orange than I expected. In the bottle up close, it looks more red, but I still love the color.


Overall, I really love this color. This would be a perfect color for the summer. I wish it was more red, but it's still a pretty color.

What do you think of this polish? 

Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing color with a great shinny finish, it looks like gel nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's just regular polish, but it does look like gel polish though.

      Delete
  2. What pretty looks this nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...