Monday, February 17, 2014

Revlon - Rainforest

Hey everyone!

I recently went to Big Lots and bought a bunch of nail polish during their buyout sale, so I think this week will be swatch week lol. I think the sale still ongoing at the moment, but there are some really good polishes including the discontinued Sephora by OPI, Sally Hansen, Revlon, and Sinful Colors. The prices range from $1.00-1.80 for each polish. I would highly suggest checking your local Big Lots for a good deal on these polishes.

For today, I have a swatch of Revlon's Rainforest. This is probably my favorite out of the ten that I bought. It's such a gorgeous polish. Let's take a look!



Rainforest is a deep forest green (almost black) base with light green glass flecks. To me, Rainforest is more green, but if you look at it far away it looks black.

This is two coats with a top coat. I bought this for only $1.50 at Big Lots. The original price of the Colorstay polishes are $7.99 (quite a bit if you ask me!), so I highly recommend going to Big Lots or wait until it goes on sale at other drugstores to purchase it.



The application and formula was average. During the first coat, it was a little bit patchy. After applying the second coat, it settled itself out. I've actually never tried the Colorstay collection, but the one thing that I'm loving is the rounded brush. It's not very wide, but it does the job quite well. I didn't have to clean up that much either.





Rainforest is such a gorgeous polish! I think the glass flecks do it for me. It's probably one of the most unique polishes that I have in my collection. I highly recommend buying this polish. Like I said earlier, I would wait until this goes on sale or go to your local Big Lots and see if they have it in stock. For $1.50 for a beautiful polish, it's a steal!

What do you think of Rainforest?

Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. I have this one and I love it but your pictures make it look lighter then it is (or at least lighter than mine is). Still suuuper pretty. I got mine at rite aid for like..... 5 dollars because of a sale? Also that was months ago that I got mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is actually pretty green, (like I said almost black but screams green to me) but then again I had the blinds open for extra lighting, plus my lamp. Might be the reason why you think it looks lighter.

      Delete
    2. Very possible. I'll have to put it on again and hope the sun shines. xD

      Delete
  2. beautiful! i love the little flecks of green
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think the flecks really make the polish interesting ^^.

      Delete

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...