Saturday, February 22, 2014

Essie - Mojito Madness

Hey everyone!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, it was a lazy day for me. To make up for it, I'll be showing you Essie's Mojito Madness polish today (my first Essie on the blog!). 

I actually own a few Essie polishes in my collection, but it's honestly not my favorite brand. The majority of the Essie's that I have were given to me by family members. I've only actually bought one Essie in my life, and I didn't really like it. I'm trying to give them another chance again, so hence today's blog post lol.


Mojito Madness is a medium green creme. This is three coats with a top coat. Mojito Madness is a part of Essie's Summer 2012 collection and retails for around $8-9 in various stores. 


The formula is my main annoyance with Essie polishes. Even though this is a creme, it's kind of watery and you need to apply it carefully. I could have gotten away with two coats, but I could still see the brushstrokes in the second coat. Applying the third coat smoothed everything out though. 

The application wasn't bad at all. I started to get the hang of it after the second coat, but it's best to do thin coats with Essie polishes.


I think this color is more suitable for spring than summer, but it works for anytime really just like any other polish. It just reminds me so much of spring grass for some reason.

I really love this color on me though. It's not overpowering, but it still stands out. I usually hate greens on me because they look so bright against my skin, but I'm liking Mojito Madness.


Overall, I like this polish. I'm trying to give Essie another chance since I've had some bad luck with them, but I think Mojito Madness has restored my faith in Essie a little bit.

What do you think of Mojito Madness? What's your least favorite nail polish brand?

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...