Monday, November 11, 2013

Estee Lauder-Black Wine

Hello everyone! 

Sorry for the late post today. I swear whenever it rains, I just get extra sleepy for some reason. As much as I love the rain, it's so dreary to look at and makes me want to go into sleepy mode.

I have a swatch of Estee Lauder's Black Wine for you today. I tried to use this in a nail art design, but it failed. Luckily, I took pictures of this beautiful color before I did the design.

The funny thing is that I didn't know that this was an Estee Lauder polish to begin with. Lately, I've been rummaging through my girlfriend's nail polishes since she can't wear it for her job. I really liked this color so I took it home with me, but it just took me so long to realize that it was Estee Lauder and that the name was on the back of the bottle the whole time. Silly me lol. 


estee-lauder-black-wine

Black Wine is a dark blood red. This is two coats without a top coat. It's literally similar to the color of red wine. The formula was a bit on the thick side, but once it smooths out it's good to go. The application was good with this polish as well. It came in a really small bottle, so maybe it was also in a set of polishes.

Unfortunately, I don't have that many details about this polish to be honest. I tried doing some research on it online and didn't come up with any results. Even the Estee Lauder website didn't have it on their main polishes section, so my guess is that this polish is discontinued.  It's a shame because it's a really good polish. On the other hand, Estee Lauder polishes run for $20 each, so I know that I probably won't be buying this brand any time soon.


estee-lauder-black-wine

estee-lauder-black-wine

Overall, I really liked this polish but the brand is way too expensive for me. I probably won't be buying any Estee Lauder polishes anytime soon. I'll settle with this polish for now.

What do you think of this polish? How much is too much for a polish?

Until next time!

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog! :) And Again a beautiful Polish x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your article now. I've literally had this polish 20 years ago (1999) and can't forget it. Since mine went old, i was searching for a replacement and have never seen a similar shade at any other brand. It is the best shade for fall, because it is not dark as some burgundy ones and also not as bright as pure red.
    I think EL discontinues shades, then brings them back years later, so i am hoping for that. You are right, EL seems overpriced, but they have the shades so well thought out that years ago i litterally had 3 of their shades (black wine, black midnight and a pale neutral one) and that was enough for 10 years.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...