Tuesday, October 1, 2013

31DC2013 Day 27: Inspired by Artwork

Hello everyone!

For today's prompt, I was inspired by this triangle geometric mountain design from a poster that I found on Etsy

I really like geometric artwork because it's simple but complicated at the same time. I find it interesting how the artists can come up with all the different patterns and shapes in the artwork. I also like doing that when I do nail art because it always makes for unique art.

Colors Used:
NYC's Chinatown
Wet n Wild's French White Creme


31dc2013-day-27-inspired-by-artwork

This design was actually pretty simple to do. I first painted two coats of NYC's Chinatown onto my nails. Using a detail brush, I made an outline of the mountain using Wet n Wild's French White Creme. It doesn't have to be perfect, but you want it to resemble a mountain. Next, I made small triangles inside the outline with the detail brush. To make the stars, I used the detail brush again and made small dots with the point of the brush.

31dc2013-day-27-inspired-by-artwork

31dc2013-day-27-inspired-by-artwork

I really like how these came out! I can't stop looking at them, they're so pretty.

What do you think of this design? Tomorrow is inspired by a flag!

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...