Friday, October 25, 2013

Block B "Very Good" Nails

Hello everyone!

Today's post is a little late. For some reason, the photos wouldn't upload like they usually do. It took an hour on my laptop before I gave up, and then I moved downstairs to the family computer and the photos uploaded instantly. Technology is strange sometimes.

For today's mani, I did nails inspired by Block B's "Very Good" MV.

Block B is a K-pop group with a more hip hop sound. They're my favorite K-pop group probably of all time. Yes, I fangirl hard for them lol (I promise I'm not that bad haha). I absolutely love the song and the music video for it, so I had to create these nails for it.

block-b-very-good-nails

I was inspired by different parts in the MV for these designs.

The pinky represents the microphone lines in U-Kwon and P.O's section of the MV. I painted one coat of Wet n Wild's French White Creme as the base color. For the lines, I used a long striper brush and made random lines using Sinful Colors Black on Black.

The ring finger represents the red skull that Zico holds. I painted my nail one coat of Orly's Star Spangled. Once it dried a little, I put on top coat to help the gems stick together. Using tweezers, I stuck on the gems on the top coat.

The middle finger represents the clown masks that they use to disguise themselves as they're robbing the bank. I freehanded this design using Wet n Wild's I Red a Good Book, Sinful Colors Black on Black, an unnamed maroon polish, and Wet n Wild's French White Creme.

block-b-very-good-nails

The pointer finger is the design on Zico's sunglasses. I painted one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black on my nail. With a dotting tool, I created dots around the nail with Wet n Wild's French White Creme.

For the thumb, I did the 730 floor design. I painted my nail one coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black. Next, I freehanded the numbers using a detail brush with Wet n Wild's French White Creme.

block-b-very-good-nails

I think the hardest part of this design was the nail gems. I've never actually put this many gems on one nail before, but I really love how it turned out. The other thing was that the top coat that I used for this design (shown in the photos) dried really fast. I had to keep applying the top coat because it would dry before I could put any more on the nail.

block-b-very-good-nails

block-b-very-good-nails

What do you think of this design? Are you a K-pop fan?

Thanks for reading! I'll put the video down below if anyone would like to see the MV.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you all! Please refrain from posting links in the comments. If you want me to check out your blog, shoot me an email instead! I'll be glad to check it out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...